Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The End.


This is it! It's time to head home

This past weekend, we had our final retreat in Akropong. I'm glad we got to go back because it's one of my favorite places. 

As we pulled away from the Seminary, I had another one of those weird/sad moments when I realized that I would never be able to go back to Akropong. The reality of leaving Ghana makes me sad.

On Sunday, I had the entire day free to do whatever I wanted. Our final farewell dinner was in the evening, so I had to fill the time somehow. I packed. Pretty much completely.

The dinner went really well. So many people showed up! Our dances went pretty well and our matching shirts made us look awesome. It was nice to spend some time with the people from Adenkrebi. Daniel brought his whole family, including Nancy and Ataabah. It was nice to see them one last time.
We had a mini graduation ceremony after our thank-yous. Each of us got our own Kente cloth to wear when we graduate from Calvin! Pretty neat.

Overall, it was a great way to end the semester and say our goodbyes. 

Now it's really time to go. 
I have mixed feelings about leaving. I don’t think I’m ready to leave. I love it here. I’m beginning to feel at home here. It just feels so strange to leave just as I start to feel comfortable. On the other hand, I am so excited to see my family, friends, and my dogs. I also just really love Christmas time and can't wait to see some snow! 

This semester has been the best experience of my life. I’m so glad that I came. Ghana will always have a very special place in my heart.

America, here I come! 







No comments:

Post a Comment